Workflow Wizard - Form Designer
Adding or editing a field
- Add: Click the add button or use one of the import options - import from workflow table provides a list of columns from the current workflow definition
- Edit: Double click one of the rows in the designer grid
- Field Type: Text, List, Yes/No, Group (Tab) or Date
- Name: primary name of the field - if you want reports to update a table record then this name must match exactly to the name in the Feature or Inspection table
- Prompt: an alias for information purposes
- Default: For text records this is the default value for lists it is the index of the record in the list
- Required entry before saving: check this if you want field input to be a requirement before saving the report
- Readonly: designate the field for information purposes only
I created a drop down list in the workflow definition for this field. Do I have to recreate it?
No, set the field type to list and click the "Get List" button. This should import any list you have already created for this field.
Can I reorder the fields?
Yes, select a row in the list and use the up / down arrows to reorder the field
Can I have more than one (1) group or tab?
Yes, add a new field and set it's type to Group
How do I save my changes?
Click the save button on the toolbar
Can I update the field drop lists created in the workflow definition with those in the form?
Yes, tools are available on the toolbar to import and export the lists
Can I have fields in my form that do not match to my database table?
Yes, however any data entered into a report using these fields cannot be updated to the database. It can be exported to a CSV file from the Reports view or web site prior to processing the report.